AUBURN, Ala. (EETV)- Aramark, a food services company that has worked with Fortune 500 companies, sports teams and educational institutions around the world, will become Auburn University's partner for dining services and athletics concessions management effective May 7. Aramark takes over Auburn's dining from Chartwell's which has had the contract the past several years.
The partnership comes after a collaborative proposal process and input from students, faculty and staff. A well-established partner who is committed to the local communities it serves, Aramark will bring leadership, systems and capital support that will help the university deliver a new vision for dining and athletics concessions on campus by:
- Creating an unsurpassed student experience by transforming the dining environments.
- Offering more flexibility and access with meal plans.
- Engaging current dining employees by providing opportunities for training, recognition and career development.
- Committing to culinary excellence with knowledgeable chefs, fresh food and healthier options.
- Continuing partnerships with local food suppliers and brands.
- Improving the concessions within all athletics venues.
- Ability to leverage campus resources to enhance the gameday experience.
"Aramark offered an incredible investment package and wonderful ideas that would bolster Auburn's dedication to its students, including being members of the campus community have highlighted as a priority," said Glenn Loughridge, director of Campus Dining.
Choosing Aramark aligns with the university's vision of enhancing the student experience.
"For Auburn to continue to flourish, dining options and the quality of those options are critical," said Bobby Woodard, vice president for Student Affairs. "Providing an outstanding dining experience will help to attract new students and increase the sense of community here on campus."
Aramark is a leading food service provider that has served the Olympic Games since 1968 and partners with 40 professional sports teams, as well as Yosemite National Park, among many others. The company's university clients include Clemson University, the University of South Carolina and Mississippi State University.
"We are proud to partner with Auburn University to transform the campus experience and environment for students, faculty and staff," said Pat Boggs, president of Aramark's Higher Education division. "There will be many enhancements made on campus in preparation for the fall semester and beyond. Aramark will be investing in the campus community with new dining venues that include a mix of local, national and proprietary brands."