Auburn, Ala. (EETV) - Keep Opelika Beautiful is hosting a free Recycle and Shred Day on Saturday, Oct. 23 from 8 to 11 a.m. at the 8th Avenue Recycle Center.
Located on 600 8th Avenue, this is the site of the former fire station and is one block from the Opelika Municipal Park.
Some rules to keep in mind
- Paper clips and staples do not have to be taken out of paper, but paper must be removed from binders
- There is a 10-box limit
- This event is only open to Lee County residents
- No documents from businesses will be accepted
- Due to COVID-19, attendees will be asked to remain in their vehicles so volunteers can unload documents
- Other acceptable items include: laptops, small computer screens, cellphones, electrical cables, aluminum cans, cardboard, newspaper, plastic containers, and steel cans
For more information, contact Keep Opelika Beautiful at (334) 749-4970 or email@example.com