AUBURN, Ala. (EETV) -The Alabama Department of Public Health has issued new restrictions as they attempt to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus. These restrictions apply to all Alabama counties and are in effect from now until April 6.
- Gatherings of 25 people or more in witch a six-foot distance between people cannot be maintained are prohibited.
- Senior citizen centers are ordered to close.
- All private schools and childcare centers with 12 or more children are ordered to close.
- Nursing homes and long-term care facilities are prohibited from having visitors.
- All restaurants, bars, or breweries are prohibited from serving food or drink on sight for at least one week. They will be allowed to offer takeout or delivery food as long as the proper social-distancing protocol is maintained.
These restrictions come following Gov. Kay Ivey's decision to declare a state health emergency as the number of cases of COVID-19 in Alabama continues to rise. Click here to view the complete health order from the ADPH. Click here to view an updated list of the reported COVID-19 in Alabama.