AUBURN, Ala. (EETV) - This week on Wake Up Auburn, Kate Stewart explains how to make one of her favorite pumpkin spice recipes: Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes. Perfect as a sweet treat for friends as a Friendsgiving goodie or as a filling breakfast similar to beignets, Kate shows you how to make these easy treats. Check out the ingredients and recipe below for you to be able to cook in your kitchen with Kate today!
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Oil, for frying
- Topping ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
1. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, egg, and butter.
2. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir together with rubber spatula until fully incorporated. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan to 325˚F/160˚C.
4. While oil is heating, use your hands to shape and roll the pumpkin donut dough into balls. (Greasing your hands with oil will make this process much easier).
5. Fry the dough balls until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. (For best results, fry only 3-4 at a time).
6. Drain them on a paper towel and immediately transfer to bowl of the pumpkin pie spice-sugar mix. Gently toss to coat.