AUBURN, AL (EETV)- A preliminary investigation has determined that Sadie Grace Andrews, age 3, from Auburn died as a result of falling into a ground level grease separating container outside a business in the 2100 block of East University Drive on Saturday, October 14, 2017. Officers responded at about 12:45 p.m. and arrived as CPR was being performed on Andrews. APD Officers continued CPR efforts until paramedics arrived and transported her to EAMC. Medical efforts to revive Sadie Grace Andrews were unsuccessful and she was pronounced deceased at 1:28 p.m.
The investigation has determined that Sadie Grace was outside of the business, with other family members, playing in a grassy area. All of the sudden, family members became unable to locate her and began to search the area. Within minutes she was discovered submerged in the grease separating container near the building in the grassy area where she was playing. She was immediately pulled from the container and CPR was performed. Video evidence from the scene shows the child playing when she apparently fell through a lid covering the ground container. No foul play is suspected and the case is being investigated as an accidental death.
The case is being investigated by the Auburn Police Division and will be presented to a Lee County Grand Jury for disposition.