AUBURN, Ala. (EETV) -
With tropical storm Hurricane Irma moving its way across the Gulf into the Southeast, taking precautionary measures and having household items close by is always a smart idea.
Listed are twenty items that you should have packed in case of emergency:
*Items are listed in no particular order.
- Non-perishable food and snacks
- Bottled water
- Plastic utensils, disposable plates and cups
- Extra full set of clothes
- Coat (preferably wind/rain resistant)
- Duct tape
- Standard First Aid Kit
- Garbage bags
- Moist towelettes
- Non-prescription medications such as pain relievers
- Half-full tank of gas in vehicle
- Extra sturdy pair of shoes
- Waterproof, portable containers
- Extra pack(s) of batteries
- Personal hygiene items
- Cell phone/handheld radio
- Phone charger/laptop charger (Portable/wireless charger battery pack if available)
Students should know their nearest severe weather shelter location and keep up to date of weather alerts and verify that they are subscribed to receive severe weather notifications from AU ALERT. Visit eagleeyeauburn.com for recent university updates regarding Hurricane Irma.
*Some items listed courtesy of Ready.gov.